Thanks to the entire team that organized this event. It's amazing that these events continue to set the bar year after year. Particularly I would like to thank Steve Piche for the amazing amount of passion and enthusiasm he showed before, during, and after the event. Also, Martha Avery, Regatta Chair, who also obviously loves catamarans and whom this event could not have happened without! Jasper, thanks for the amazing press and media coverage. Finally, thanks to Mike Easton for working with the regatta committee and spendimg late nights at the bar during the event to aid Jasper in social media. Mike has been instruemental in the success of the F18 class over the last few years, he's going to be a tough act to follow.

Personally, we felt good in the breeze but with only 4 days sailing together before and a crew who has only sailed F18s for those 4 days with me 2 years ago in the last 5, we definitely had some catching up to do. I felt that the top end of this fleet was much harder to get into than last year. Whenever we got into the top 10 it was a game of inches. Every time we missed out on 4 or 5 boats right at the finish, really tight racing! This was also a result of relatively short, fast paced racing. It was nice to bang races out so quickly. PRO Mark Foster did a terrific job.

Our downfall was Thursday in the light air and chop. I blame the 3 weeks of non-stop business travel leading up to the event, it had nothing to do with the rum drinks on Wednesday night (Thanks JC!).

I wish I could take back Thursday but I was very happy with 11th, I'd be lying if I said I was happy to miss out on the top ten to a tie-breaker, I really wanted top ten! But it was nice to see fellow fleet members Brooks and Jeff grab it from us.

Comment on above post from Tom Korz, Mike Marshall who designed Mike and Tripp's sails purchased a C2 earlier this year and will be racing with us next season. Additionally there were two other North Sails at this event on an Infusion and a Hobie Tiger.

Friday night got quite exciting as what felt like half the fleet poured into a local bar after the awards dinner. The locals were confused but were very welcoming. I lost count of drinks ordered after about 30 bear fights and at least 50 Coronas.

I am looking forwards to Charlotte Harbor next year!