Ok, some additional info here. In the mornings, the wind always comes from the north. I always set on the lee side of whatever area I choose for obvious reasons. Problem is. The wind generally switches 180*mid day. That's approximate. Sometimes the wind changes closer to 90*. So what was the lee shore, is now windward shore ore parallel shore.
Depending on water level, sometimes I can find an area that has a gradual slope, sometimes not. Due to the lake being a reservoir, water levels fluctuate fifty feet over the course of a year. So, different times of the year, we launch from different areas. Sometimes I can find a gradual slope. Other times the water will be chest deep 8' off shore.
With the old cats this wasn't a huge issue. I could bring the cat in find a softish spot and plan on a bottom job once in a while. The I20 , I usually have crew to hold the boat while I get the beach wheels. Depending on wind direction and water depth this can be a bit hairy at times, but the inter can handle bumping a rock. I also have thick foam pads that I beach the boat on. Also, the boat weighs enough that if there is a weird puff, it will stay put till I can roll up the main.
A carbon fiber a cat on the on the other hand , am I over thinking this?
What my mind wants is to have a simple single handed sailing solution. And what my mind is ending up with is a boat survivability nightmare.

Last edited by azcat; 11/09/14 11:17 AM.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA