All thumbs up on the new course format. Big thanks to all who helped make the change and Dave for taking the initiative. Upper Keys Sailing Club is just a perfect addition to this race. Obviously the ground crews (wives) really appreciated the Islander all weekend. The skippers meeting at Jake's room was great because we all hung out instead of scattering for dinner. Next year count on us for a big tray of lasagna.

This year was all about introducing our friend Matt to distance racing and he's agreed to be on the line next year with his Falcon F18. And what an introduction it was... starting on a close reach in flat water was just too much fun. We suffered as the breeze tapered off at the top and was really light entering Angelfish Creek. Nice reach through the creek and a sweet sleigh ride to through the sounds.

Day 2 was some of the best sailing ever and I believe Matt was thoroughly impressed with how a spin run continues through 6 inches of water without slowing down much. We stayed with Jake most of the way and impressed ourselves with keeping up with a veteran. Dave and Laura stayed behind us to make sure we were OK. Probably Laura's idea.

Finishing well is great... but just sailing well is important for me. Matt and I sailed well together, had great laughs, some oh sh!ts and learned alot. For us it was an epic race and great weekend. Next year Linda will be back on the boat, and it looks like the mixed team thing is moving the steeplechase way also. Good stuff, looking forward to next year.