Just started working on the rudders for the Nacra 5.5 uni overhaul. Overall they seem in pretty good shape. I'd just like to strengthen any worn areas (rivets) and make them reliable, while taking out some slop where I can. I'll be adding all new down-lines and up-bungee. I'm aware that many get rid of the bungee and install pull-up lines, but I don't want to go there just yet, and will try to get the original system working well. I'll outline my basic questions directly below, then there is a link to pics and more detail over on the Beachcats forum. I've searched the internet for everything related to Nacra rudders, and have read countless pages here and elsewhere. I've found many good tips and tricks. Nonetheless, I still have some unanswered questions.

1. Pivot hole in blades worn and sloppy. Fill and re-drill? Use existing holes and pad insert with epoxy?
2. Castings are not the type with a delrin screw for blade rake adjustment. How major is this going to be in tuning the helm pressure?
3. bolt through end of tiller tube from cross-tie attachment is badly worn/oversized. Can I cut off an inch of tiller tube and drill new holes?
4. Add a sheave on the pin in the casting that the pull-down line runs over?
5. Proper hardware for each end of pintle?

Pics and more descriptions of what I'm working with over here at Beachcats

Thanks as always