Originally Posted by stillbitten
Great to see the Lanes still going, I sailed Fireballs back in the 70's when Ian was sailing them, last saw him in a RL24.

Gary's been the hard one to get (for the want of a better word..) "motivated", very fussy with the boat and its intricate modified bits at home but hadn't done any real on the water testing. We've been working on him to forget the development part and get on the water for a year or so now.
The cameras came out when the white ford and the red boat made an appearance, many of us in total shock that it was actually happening shocked

Ian is still happily fanging the RL24 around and he is the Race Officer for the easter racing aswell, although he was commited to doing the R/O stuff he really wanted to sail even tho the boat was at home in the shed.
3 of us worked on him one morning to sail a spare mozzie and counter all his excuses as he came up with them, but with a rigged & sail up ready to go mozzie on the beach and I armed him with wetsuit/lifejacket/trap-jacket/booties/ & gloves he really couldn't put up much resistance

wink

the best bit about it tho......
Both of them enjoyed themselves and had a ball
smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740