Here is a post I made on the H16 forum that maybe you all that are Wave sailors can give some imput on. Remember this post is in response to looking for preparatory cat for the youth and adult worlds H16 events but still maybe the Wave is a better way to go than the H14, so I am curious what you Wave sailors think about the following topic. Thanks.
<br>
<br>- - - - - - - - -
<br>
<br>I have been thinking about the discuss we have had regarding junior sailors ages 12 -16 (not youth ages 17 –21) and the cat to use. One DANGER with using the Wave as a junior boat is the fact that the Wave is actually a developmental class type boat. I realize it is not a Hobie class but if you have ever wondered why Hobie USA is resistant to developing the Wave, as another Hobie class here is the scope, THE HOBIE WAVE WILL DEVELOP WITH TIME (this includes the Getaway)! That is to say the Wave will be improved as plastics improve, and as other things improve. It they want to change the hull shape they will do so, if they want to change sail shape they will do so, if plastics get lighter they will make the boat lighter, and so on. This of course makes sense because this boat was designed for resort and recreational sailing and Hobie wants to keep their rec./resort boat up to par and ahead of the competition. So due to this I think the Wave is out as a junior boat and the H14 is once again our option for a junior cat, maybe.
<br>
<br>Here is another idea what about using different sail sizes on the H16, such as the easy rig for sailors’ ages 12 – 16. We are already developing a Turbo Kit for the H16 so why not an Easy Rig Kit. As for sailors ages 6 – 10 I really think the Sabot (my choice for affordability), Opti (once again too expensive new or used), or Access Dinghy for children with disAbilities (or without disAbilities) are our best bet. The little Sabot or dinghy like monohulls are just to affordable and simple for the kids to sail as compared in trying to develop a small 8 to 12 cat.
<br>
<br>So what do you all think and has anyone sailed a H16 with an Easy Rig set-up?
<br>
<br><br><br>

Attached Files
2769- (120 downloads)