Hi,

I took my Aquacat 12.5 out in gusty windsurfable winds(10-20mph gusts) and flipped it over. It later turtled in my attempt to get it upright myself. This was my 3rd time out in it and in the highest winds I have ridden. I windsurfed fine that day beforehand.

I didn't have any righting lines and could not flip in back over myself(5'10" and 170 lbs). I searched the web but it is not clear to me how to make some righting lines. My current plan is to use 35feet of poly-e 1/2" rope I bought to make lines to put around each pontoon in the center with a bunch of knots in each line. Would I just leave them hang in the water otherwise or is there some better way to make/use such lines? According to what I read I should be able to right the Aquacat 12.5 by myself; correct?

I was also wondering if my sheeting line(thru V of sail with pulley and other ends go to traveler and cleat) is too short at 13'. I got it uprighted near shore with boat assistance but it blew right back over(in a gusty, swirly onshore wind) on the next sailing try with the end of the line near the cleat and the sail flopping around like a wet noodle.

A third issue is that one pontoon filled with water while the other was dry. I took it out again the next day for a couple hours in lighter winds and almost no water got in so that will be a fall project.

Thanks in advance for any help ............... Bill