Originally Posted by brucat
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by brucat
Joe Bello also stopped racing to retrieve the MOB, return him to his boat, and still won that race (and the regatta).

Mike

On a sail I loaned him so he could race, no less. The kid's good, but don't let him see this or it'll go to his head. wink

So, now your excuse for not winning all along is....???? Don't you hate when others use your stuff and show how fast it is? Bob Merrick did that with my old BRU Cat Hobie 16.

It was great meeting you after all these years, Todd. Lots of cleanup at the end of the day, so I ran out of time to find you before you left. Hopefully, the fleet views this year as an improvement. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Mike

I could never get that sail to go in anything but a good breeze, but I expect the extra 65 lbs. of Cheeseburgers I carry doesn't help much either.
I'd definitely say it was an improvement. I let you know the issues I saw on Saturday evening. The chase boat folks (from all the courses) just need to pay a little better attention (head on a swivel). I had to dodge them more than boats racing on our course. Scared the crap out of them, by surprising them right off of their transoms, a few times.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White