I have a SC17 I picked up in Florida & moved it up to our summer place in Suttons Bay (Northern Michigan) a few years ago. It was (is) a true (Delray) beachcat (project) boat with corrosion pits in the mast, & the hulls base seams needed major re-glasssing because of being pulled up on the beach way too many times .. etc etc.. Anyway. Done deal... Watertight but still some sand residue in the hulls..

A year of so later I fluked into finding a SC19 main & picked it up for $30. Had a sailor friend (Keith Notary) help me modify the mainsheet connection plate (relocated larger aluminum plate) on the SC19 main.

I use it regularly for solo light wind sailing.. It can gets downright scary when the wind picks up unexpectedly..

Keep looking on Craigslist ('national' & 'state') etc..

The guy I got it from barely knew what it was, far less what boat it was from.. I saw the SC19 logo in the pic and knew immediately I had to have it..

Have been on the lookout (dreaming of getting) for a SC19XL but am not sure I have the room in the garage for it. longer boat and longer mast (33').. I am sure the sails are also much larger..

Last edited by surfsail; 09/17/15 05:41 PM.