I bought a spinlock cam-cleat about 2 weeks ago from West Marine here in Daytona Beach FL. After further discussion with friends, I decided not to use it. Haveing never installed it, I took it back to the store thinking it would be no problem. WRONG. Lady behind the counter said that they havn't sold one of these since July, and that she couldn't give me a refund, and wouldn't even give me store credit. All I wanted to do was exchange it for a harken cam cleat, and a length of rope. Nope she said.

She points out the "store policy" on exchange, and then begins to tell me how I bought it at a surplus marine store or somewhere else, and that I'm just trying to get more money for it! She tells me she would exchange it, but she doesn't "recognize" me?!?!?! WTF is that? I spend 100's of dollars in that store, and this old lady wont exchange a 30$ cleat!!! Not sure what I should do now. It's such a small amount of money it isn't a big deal, but truthfully it's the principal that gets me fired up.

Any suggestions?

94 N5.5SL