Finally, a day with no (or minimal) damage/attrition...

We wrapped up later than planned yesterday, due to a moving weather mark, which caused us to abandon and resail race 8. Tough judgement call, and not popular, but by the book as required for this level of event.

One late request for redress to have all 3 sets of results from yesterday count was denied by the PC, then awards were presented and folks headed out.

Laura had a tough day after a great week. She capsized and required assistance at the gate in Race 8 (the first attempt), then did a depth charge at the start of the resail, breaking her tiller. Her spirits recovered, and she received a beautiful trophy made by Ben for First Woman.

Unfortunately, I missed the actual awards, as we were finalizing scoring after the redress hearing. But, everyone had a great regatta, and loved sailing in Newport!

Huge thanks to the Sail Newport team, staff and volunteers who gave up four days of their lives to provide great racing. The team on Everglades Boats, as well as the media, photographers and drone pilot were lots of fun as well.

Special mention to some old local cat-sailing friends who also helped: Phil Vaillancourt and Frank Keefe (who actually flew in daily from MA on his Cessna).

The highlight of my week was meeting a bunch of you who I've only known through these forums, and making new friends.

Any time, anywhere, let me know if I can help.

Mike