I like the building technique that is stressed ply. I have enough of the plans to do. Would go to 20 foot beam. Try to build as light as possible. I would use only inland and maybe coastal. Build with fold up for trailoring. I have figured out that I could soak the ply in the lake, then bend to shape, first wire and tape keel,then soak. I believe this could be a very fast build( if there is such a thing in boat building). I have built a Yare clc kayak from Severn plans. I have also started a few multihull projects up to 30 foot in the usual ply on frame. I also like the idea that the Tornado is still a fast boat even by today standards which is quite a testiment to the design. So I am looking to have some fun. As far as rig, maybe a biplane, 2 -30 foot light masts for a total of around 400ft2 for the mains. Single handed and/or with friends.BTW I think the Stiletto beam is insufficient for 27 foot. I had a Supercat 19 at 8 foot beam and it was very touchy. Then I sailed 20 foot SC and what a differnce the wider beam was. I am looking to build as Spartan as possible with the least amount of materials to keep costs and weight lower.Thanks for reading.
.PS I forgot to say that this would be a newbuild.

Last edited by catmancan; 03/27/17 01:25 PM.

bob