Originally Posted by samc99us

Where does all that leave Nacra? They have switched Infusion production to the same facility that is building the N17 Mk. 2 so I expect the build quality to be on par with the other top builders and the fit out of the beams to be nicely done. The convertible trunks are a smart move with an eye towards the future. The new board position is also super proven on other F18's. I'm not sure what the new Pro-Grip looks like but the Pro grip on my Mk. 2 is of a high quality and very durable so I expect that to continue. Nacra probably have the best parts and support network in the U.S.

Interesting - where is the new production facility?

Convertible trunks are definitely interesting but I wonder about the compromise in the boards more forward position (presumably) for foiling on a relatively heavy boat. I would think the rearward position (where everything evolved to) is better for tacking and a more forward position would be a bit of a compromise for foiling or partially lifting foils.
If it does sacrifice some tacking speed, I would question the performance loss. However, this change would make more sense if they were anticipating a future rule tweak in F18 to allow some "out of vertical hull plane" angle or shape out of the boards. Is there any rumor of something like that in the works?

Jake Kohl