Hi! Nice post! Thank you to both for the comments.

Originally Posted by MysticPointSailR

I find most MiniCat owners (maybe sailors in general lol) don't have enough rig tension ... so i like to tighten the forestay all the way, then tighten the jib uphaul and then ease the forestay to put more tension on the jib luff. I also like to use the top hole of the jib to attach the jib sheets to have more leech tension. These tweaks can help you point higher and sail faster on a close haul

I think this is in impossible with the 310 sport... I'm right?

you can also play with outhaul, downhaul, boomvang (the Instinct doesn't have a boom tho)

I have a 310 sport. I was thinking in improving the downhaul manouver. Now it's just a cord from the tack to a clamcleat. It will worth maybe adding 2 blocks (harken 226 + 227)? 227 fixed to the tack, and 226 maybe to the base of the mast? And the cord going from the point in 227 - 226 - 227 - 226 - 227 and them to the current clamcleat on the mast? Or it's the tension that I can add using the cord from tack to clamcleat enough?

Batten tension can also make a deeper pocket in the sail but then you may have to pop the sail to get the battens to pop. In high winds you can remove the top batten to spill more air.

I'm sorry but English for sailors is not my native language.. can you explain this? What do you mean with "pop the sail"? Tension in the main halyard + downhaul? Enough tension in the main luff?

Originally Posted by JoeMinicat

I'm tempted to play around with some sort of traveler. It would be nice to be able to get the boom closer to the center line without sheeting in so hard.

Adding a traveler sounds really good. Did you tried? Can you share your design and thoughts? My 310 sport is boomless also, so as your 420 have different points to attach the main sheet to the clew. Does this different point don't replace a traveller?

Cheers,

GF