I used a "skinny" windsurfer mast cut down to about 10.5 feet. I have a few regular windsurfer masts that I was thinking about using on other boats, but I don't know if I'll get around to actually doing it. The big part about setting the 14 up with the Hooter is getting the spi pole right and the sail angle adjusted.

The extra boat I would bring would not have a jib, the two I am bringing both have jibs and Hooters. One has a pin head main and the other has a square top. The third one would also have an older pin head, but at least it would be a 6-batten one.

The jib for your boat probably wouldn't work because of the cut and the angle of the clew. Maybe you could talk Bob into talking Sabre sails into making another Hooter?!

really, it would only take me a day to convert the boat, but it would take some time to make sure it is correct. That wouldn't happen until that Friday before the race, and I would really like to sail. I'm going to try to get there early on Thursday so I can set up and get some time in on the water, too.

If you can get a sail, and the dimensions are the same as mine, then it would be no problem at all..

Dan Berger
Norfolk, VA
A Cat USA139
Supercat 15