I suspect that Performance's strategy will remain unchanged. They have always taken a hands off approach and I like it that way. I don't want the manufacturer to ever tell me how I can run a regatta or who I can sail with.

The sailors make the biggest impact when it comes to building fleets. We have built a pretty healthy I-20 fleet in Florida over the past few years and this is without the support of the manufacturer. The Hobie 14 sailors have done the same thing. It doesn't take a dictatorial organization to promote multihull sailing it takes sailors! Buy and sail what you like and promote the hell out if! It's all good.

As for their exposer being diminished by the edict... I'm not sure I see where you are coming from. In the southeast regattas will continue to be put on as they have for the last 5 years. There may be an attempt to have a Hobie only regatta in the Tampa area, but that's the only place I see the edict having any impact at all. Right now our schedule is pretty full, I can't attend all the scheduled regattas as it is, so it won't bother me to be excluded from a regatta or two.

Yes Hobie and Performance have very different business models. Yet both survive in a limited market.

Regards,
David Ingram

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"