No, that unit is the Forerunner; this is a new unit. It has the standard "waterproof" rating that the other Garmins have and a few other features that the Forerunner does not have that are found on the Gekos. It looks as close to what the original poster was looking for as he is going to find right now. Check it out again at: http://www.garmin.com/products/foretrex201/#

I still have my trusty old GPS 12 that is starting to act a little too much like my own memory! So I am glad to see this unit and with a sub $200 price I might just spring for one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

BTW, here is the description of the waterproof rating that Garmin marine units have (including the new one mentioned above):

Most GarminĀ® GPS units are waterproof in accordance with IEC 529 IPX7. IEC 529 is a European system of test specification standards for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. An IPX8 designation is for continuous underwater use.

Mike