Just a couple of observations on your mod's. The side stay extensions look ok though I'd be using a smaller diameter lashing with more turns which would be stronger and neater.

They're 3/16th I believe, and are just what I had laying around in my G-Cats hulls for random tie-down purposes.

What are the other ropes beside the stays? Trapeze? where are your hook rings?

Yes, those are for the trapeze system. If you enlage the H14T picture you should be able to make out the "Can't Miss" rings. Now that the extra side-stay support is on, I can trapeze out on the beach without the trampoline frame bending.

I don't think you need three forestays.

Those 'extra stays' are either end of the Jib halyard, tied to the bow eyes to hold the mast up while I was messing with the forestay/bridle. The halyard pulley is just tied to the mast tang as well, so none of it really provides support while sailing.

Usually if you intend rigging with a jib on a single stay you can dispense with the outer stays although again your lashing between the forestay and bridle wires is to big in diameter with insufficient turns and the tie-off knots don't look secure. You could put a 'D' shackle there in place of the lashing. It'd be stronger and safer.

Again, it's just some 3/16ths I've had lying about. I couldn't use any shackles or D-rings because the ends of the bridle wires are too narrow to accept such things. If you notice, I can't even have two pieces of rope side-by-side through those two fittings- the rope itself barely fit at all.

Good luck with the boat.
Bern

Thanks, it was neat to go out in strong winds and not feel overpowered or worry about capsizing. I normally solo an 18' G-Cat, and at 150lbs it can get hectic.

G-Cat 5.7M #583 (sail # currently 100) in Bradenton, FL Hobie 14T