OK, had a good time, but it could have been better. First, I have to say that Bob must have sold his soul, because in zero wind, he was practically flying a hull. On the second day, he beat the entire H14/F14/mystere/Isotope/cheshire/H16 fleet--he finished before anyone else rounded the friggin' C-mark!

I, of course, didn't do as well. The boat was amazing in 1-3k wind, but in 0-1k wind, which is what we pretty much had, it wasn't a lot of fun. we got to sail with the Hooter up all weekend, which was cool, but it hurt me when the wind died. I found that the big sail hurt me because it wasn't very responsive to little puffs and tacking the thing in extemely light air was a nightmare. However, It was just amazing how it helped when it filled in. Also, when I was around a lot of other boats, I had a really hard time doing anything due to the rake of the mast, bad air, mylar main and my general frustation level. I really wasn't used to the Oxen blocks I was using and I think that added to a few blown tacks and overall frustration.

On the good side, though, the boat got a lot of attention. While waiting for the wind to pick up and the RC to set up the course on Friday, we would get some puffs in the 2-3k range. Bob, Chris and I zig-zagged around the whole fleet and I heard a lot of people making comments about how we skooted around in next to nothing. Also, there were some 20 footers complaining that we were either keeping up with them or passing them upwind with our Hooters up. Pretty cool--I also passed an F-18 downwind with their spinnaker up to finish.

The Cheshire and Isotopes really creamed us (Chris and me)in the extremely light wind because they were so responsive to puffs. However, when it picked up a little, we walked right through them. The Hobie 14 Turbo did extremely well in the loght stuff-she was in the right place at the right time and didn't mess up! I gotta hand it to her, she sailed a great race every time.

I think we got a lot of exposure, but probably not as good as we wanted. I didn't make a great showing, and I didn't race the last day. Thankfully, Bob was there to pick up the slack...

Dan Berger
Norfolk, VA
A Cat USA139
Supercat 15