Jake, what you are saying reguarding the Tybee 500/OBX500 Atlantic 1000 makes good sense. The races ARE young and Tybee surely has a great start. From the looks of it, OBX 500 has a good underpinning too, this from afar. I hope that these two events will meld into one to meet and surpass the success of the Worrell 1000.

I just wish more boats had opted to enter and complete the whole Atlantic 1000 as if it was ONE race instead of the two; they just needed to think of it as a 1000 of yore with a DAY layover!

Regardless, here is wishing success for the whole campaign. I have really enjoyed following the races over the years (since 1981) and was looking forward to seeing the teams come through Wrightsville Beach again, especially after missing last year. I hope there is a crowd at the Blockade Runner waiting on the 19th and there to see them off on the 20th.

It appeared to be a great first day of racing for the OBX 500. I really think special notice should go to Team Accelerated Chaos, who despite their name, managed to do EXTREMELY well on only their THIRD time both have been on an Inter20 together! Insane. Their site has some nice shots of the event as well. Surprised Tybee is still running with their old site (Man, I miss the days of Tommy Bahama with their tracking map and excellent site). Of courrse, thanks to Cat Sailor for providing this medium for exchange as well as minute to minute details. I try to check here daily.

Look forward to seeing the teams Wednesday!

Kelly
Wrightsville Beach, NC
www.beneteau235.com