Hunt brings up some great points here.

Beach cats are not traditionally involved in yacht club racing and this is probably just something that has evolved over time, however it might be time to start building those bridges.

The 6.0 class does a regatta in Hyannis Ma. But, other than that, I dont know of many regattas that are a mix of dighy, mono and cats.

The HT class went to a number of yc regattas this year and each time it was a great time and good racing.

The Newport regatta is one of the most fun times, and the most well run regatta that I have ever been to. The monohull and dighy crowd is very interested in our type of boat (cats in general) and most do not have experience with cats. They are impressed with the speed and manuverability of cats. We are obviously much faster than the monohulls, but the monohull crowd doesnt realize that cats can point, or that we can start and stop on a dime and that we dont crash consistantly like skiff's.

I think that if all the cat classes made the effort to do one yc regatta a year, it would pay huge dividents in the growth of cat sailing.

Bill Vining
HT Class.