Rick,
Wow, How long did that take? I was up in Cleveland this past weekend and the weather was beautiful!

The race was last weekend and it was pouring down while driving east and while setting up the boat and for the first half of the race.
As we approached the islands area (Pelee and Put-in-Bay) the clouds finally broke up and we saw stars for the first time. With the rain and overcast at night it was really difficult keeping a spinnaker flying -- no visibility, just feel. The drill I use in my Sailing Seminars really paid off -- "Eyes Closed Drill." It teaches you to sail by feel rather than just staring at telltales.

The wind died for a couple of hours just before the sky cleared, but filled in for a close reach on the homestretch from Pelee Point to Grosse Ile, MI.

Really was a good sail overall, but pretty tiring. Total time was around 18 hours. Not bad for all that distance.

One the race in Biscayne, a chart would be helpful, but as mentioned, just follow the other boats. On the trip back head for Stiltsville until you see the entrance to the channel and that is were the rounding mark is. Then head for the bridge.

Good luck and have fun,
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com