Hello Eric -thanks for the info also Wouter ,-hope many others will begin to post and add their ideas concerns concepts , and their experiences on particular types of 20s .
<br>
<br>-Could you post the current specs on the East Coast 6/0 s -
<br>
<br> Spin size ,-pole length ,-smaller jib size if used ,-etc .-we should find the ISAF or Texel rating # -
<br> With the many different versions of the N-60 -4 OR 5 in the
<br> U S alone plus differences in Euro. along with other numerous variations of other 20s plus weight difference evan in one mfg.boat from year to year ,we begin to understand the need for a more open F rating system in this class where we simply set an ideal max and allow upgrades to that ideal.
<br>
<br>-
<br>
<br>-The racing has to be about PEOPLE first ,-including ,accomodating and encouraging as many as possible to enjoy the sport .
<br> My experience with the 6/0 was racing it for about a year and a half including the 98 and 99 Worrell 1000 s -Some of the 6/0s had some very interesting modifications and were beautifully set up .
<br>-Beyond the ISAF/Texel rating max we have to deside on and establish more specific class rules on minor design variables -
<br> If this max rating number is established at slightly faster total than the current to allow all existing 20s a minor upgrade modification such as the option of a larger spin -{again all equal within a max. rating }-this may be the correct way to proceed,rather than endless specification and special modification exemption to each existing 20 .
<br>
<br>-My ideal N-6/0 under the new 20 Design F Class would be some lighter hulls {-accomplished through refinishing }--canted platform ,{reset beam connections }--lighter higher aspect larger rudders {-Arc type for getting out thru surf },--more mast rake --{shared lift concept } --carbon mast ,--sq top main ,--self tacking jib ,-good high aspect chute w snuffer like the Tornados use.-special tramp with modifications for distance racing ,-
<br>-Turn me loose in one of the future Worrell 1000 s with F-20 rules.-yeeeehawww!!
<br>
<br>-Funny side story -
<br> I got away from cat racing after racing in Prosail {H-21 s } and the Ultimate Yacht Racing series in 88 ---Had not touched a cat in almost 10 years and somehow heard the Worrell had started back up again ,soooo --of course desided to go race it ,--We got to sail the 6/0 once ,-basically just learned how to set it up ,-we added the chute ,{nice large Smyth one }-and found myself on the starting line in Ft Lauderdale on a completely strange cat ,-not having raced in 9 years , in one of the most brutal weather and sea condition Worrell 1000 s ever .--It was a great welcome back into the sport , but I,ve been hooked on the race since and have improved a little each year ,--David and I are planning the 02 race again ,--Wish us luck .
<br>- Enjoying ocean type racing and being a distance race enthusiast the last thing I would want to see occur is fragile 20s evolve due to this new class . Do not believe boat weight necessarily means strength ,-but the question of how to address this is a major concern ,-
<br>-Min, recommended 20 scantlings -{specs of strength requirements } is one suggestion ,-enforcement would be difficult ,--If any have suggestions please post --
<br>
<br>-Thanks -
<br> Carl Roberts<br><br>

Attached Files
3774- (255 downloads)