The way I see it the Tiger has to continue to change as needed to stay competitive in the F18 fleet. The minute it becomes non competitive it becomes another Dart Hawk or Inter 18. However I also believe there has to be overwhelming evidence that the change will make the boat faster. Making changes for the sake of change is a recipe for upset class members. Making changes that don't effect performance but improve durability or ease of use are always looked upon favorably.

I just looked at the IHCA site and saw the proposed tramp change. If sailors think that this is a better design then I say go for it. I can't imagine it really having any impact on the speed of the boat.

I didn't read anything on the site about the mainsail. However I can't imagine that the current sail is slower seeing as it has won the F18 classes consistently. I would need more info on this change before I could really comment.

I noticed the proposed rule changes on downhaul to 16-1 and Mainsheet to 10-1. Have these changes gone into effect? Can I be added to an email list for these changes as they come up?

Mike Hill
Tiger #1520

Mike Hill
N20 #1005