I've been away from the forum for several months now due to moving issues. But in the past a number of N 5.2 racers helped me with many new guy questions. I have kind of a loaded one for all of you with this note. I had a Hobie FX owner tell me that now after a year of single handing it he was getting over his fear of flipping and was comfortable with the boat. I'd never heard anyone be that candid. Which leads to my question. I have lots of experience in monohulls in winds to 25 and have known how to handle the main and jib and traveler so that I never flipped, even after putting a lot of rails in the water. How much of a fear factor is there with the Nacra 5.2 when single handing? Do I need to stay off the water in winds of "X and higher" where I don't know if "X" is 10 mph or 20? If it is any help in your answer - I weight under 170 and the cardiologist says I have only 7 stents in my heart so I should take it just a little easier these days, so I just really don't want to have to handle the "flip it back upright" maneuver if at all possible.

For Jake and the other Nacra 5.2 guys out there that have helped me in the past - I'd appreciate your ideas on this. No sense in my makin a total fool of myself if I can avoid it!

Dick
N5.2 - 3002