Although I haven't kept a neatly chronological website like John has, I too have recently been through my Nacra F18 to upgrade it with all the convenience items I could dream of. I was actually quite pleased with the way the boat came rigged and it was all completely functional. The only real complaint that I had was that the spinnaker halyard was run so that it was easy to accidently cleat when snuffing. the other things are tiny little rigging differences that may or may not make any kind of real difference. What I added is the following:

- Spin system does have the extra blocks on the front beam for the spin sheet but they are only free-wheeling harken air blocks. I replaced mine with ratchematics for about $100. Spinlocks are probably just as good, if not better (and cheaper) in that position too.

- added a small harken cleat to the deck just behind the daggerboard to relocate the mast rotation line ($15).

- changed the spinnaker halyard cleat from a harken swivel cleat on the main beam to a spinlock and bullseye fairlead on the side of the mast to eliminate accidental cleating when snuffing (works beautifully). $30

- changed some of the non-handled lines to spectra with eye splices. $15 and a little time.

- tapered and eye-spliced the supplied main sheet (time).

- ran a jib uphaul back to the trampoline (the original is set and cleated on the forestay above the furling drum). This was the most complicated addition. I built and installed a micro two sheave organizer on the bottom of the front beam and turned the line back to the existing cleats on the deck for what was the mast rotation lines. $15 including line.

- also ran some bunji inside the main beam for taking care of the tails of the jib sheet and the tail of the new jib uphaul line. $20

- added a set of chicken lines for distance racing - which really wasn't necessary.

Jake Kohl