Hello Rick-

The whole year looks like a mess to me... The problem with Fboats is the lack of them except in Fla. If you're in Texas you had better plan on a F28R and go to Houston. MZotsky has got that organized! IF you have an F25c [like me] its the nationals or open racing where the handicap ranges from 45 to -45 PHRF depending on the area. If you don't mind traveling all over the USA you can almost enjoy a pro circuit atmosphere in that the competition is fierce in all classes with some of the guys having almost professional crews.

My F25c is the closest I have found to a medium speed beachcat in performace. Its no ARC22 [also mine] but not as demanding physically either. It goes together in less than two hours and comes down in less time.

The main thing I like about the Fboats is the knowledge shared by the owners, builders, pro/semi racers. Sure some of the top racers don't volunteer info but most do.

Ian Farrier is a "Pied Piper" with his designs being sailed, built and raced around the world. I don't know of any current designer with that following of the three [builders, owners, racers].

old catsailors belong in Fboats,

thom