Jeff,

I just want to say we need more people like you in Chicago.

It is a shame that here in Chicago there is no catamaran sailing club. Last year I bought N6.0 and I was looking for some people that I could sail with. I found them in Wisconsin CRAW and Michigan CRAM. I have to say very friendly people, they invited me to each racing event and gave me some helpful tips how to rig my boat however, I do not want to drive 3 to 4 hours one way just to sail for a few hours.

There are some areas near Chicago like Evanston and Wilmette where people keep their catamarans on the beach. When I called the park district I was told that I have to live in Evanston or Wilmette to be able to store my boat on the beach or sign up for 2 years waiting list for non-residents. Also I was told that storage costs $600 per season but it will go up by the time I get my spot.

How encouraging is that???

I’m sure that if there was catamaran sailing club it would get quite a few member and maybe possible cat owners.

Jeff - I will definitely see you at the Chicago Strictly Sail show. Maybe you will be able to point me out in good direction for cat sailing.

I’m not the cry baby I just had to let it go.

See you at Chicago Strictly Sailing show.

Kris U

I20