Hi all,
<br>
<br> I am new to this forum and just returning to Hobie sailing (previously owned an '81 H16 #59536) after a decade off the water. I am looking to buy a used TheMightyHobie18 that has spent the last four years sitting under a tree.
<br>
<br> It is an '81 (I know heavy...old rudder castings/no plans to race, sail from a lift on a lake) that other that the cosmetic condition looks to be quite a bargain ($900 w/trailer) The sails, rudders, boards, blocks are in perfect condition the hulls are solid without any scratches on the bottoms or dings on the tips!! Plan to replace the tramp, shrouds, shockcords, sheets, and some misc small parts. Figuring about $600-700.
<br>
<br> The only thing I am concerned about is the pop out hatches leaked a bit while it sat outside and each hull had about 4 inches of standing water(no smell), not that big a deal right?......The right hull had what looked liked pieces of wide scotch tape floating around in it, they had a pattern in them that looked a bit like fiberglass cloth! Like I said I could not find any soft spots in the hull, no signs of delamination inside that I could see throught the port.
<br>
<br>Should I worry about this or buy this boat and bring it back into shape?
<br>
<br>Nelson Donovan
<br>Madison, WI
<br>
<br>