1. Does anyone here not agree that the H-16 is an old Design? Even Matt Miller? Tell the truth . . . You know it's old tech no matter how many of them are active and how many of the are in DanBerger's Backyard Boat Graveyard.
2. Does anybody think they have not figured out how to design boats significantly better than they did when the 1st H-16 hull was molded?
I think had we stayed on track we could have realized That Kids don't usually buy these boats for themselves. Their parents do. Picking a more realistically priced and "In-production" Sailboat would have made more sense. (Yes I understand that you may be able to upgrade some other similar boat, Wouter. Just leave the worm can closed, they all crawl out, you know they do) [color:"red"]Translates as "Not Relevant"[/color]
Put them in a performance Spinboat that may one day prepare them for the Olympic Tornados or I-20's of the worlds. Not in some souped up version of an Old Design. It shouldn't be the most expensive thing on the planet, but affordable enough so more kids could be sailing. The Mystere 4.3 or something along that price range would have worked well.
The Blade 16 would have expensive but a perfect sort of choice, but it's just beginning production, so we can't count that one yet.
KISS principle works just great here, we're gonna end up so damned technically oriented that we're not gonna be attracting kids to the sport.
Lets support what decisions promote THAT goal and we will have given a great gift to the Sailing Youth of Tommorrow.
CARY

CARY
ACAT XJ Special
C&C 24