Cary,

I understand we still have one hurdle to cross with approval of the fleet. Based on the notes from Les on the main forum, I'll remain optimistic that they will approve.

I hope that I am not going to be the yardstick for validating claims of relative speed between the F16s and the F18s for two reasons....

1) Although Amy and I have a lot of racing experience between us, none (well...one, we did TW last year) is in catamarans...so we're on the very steep part of the learning curve on getting the boat up to speed, tacking/gybing angles, etc.

2) The boat is not fully race prepared. It's been a play boat for me for the last 2 years. The sails are three years old and not of the latest shapes.

Our plan for this year is to race the cat more this year. Then at the end of the year, make the call whether to stick with F16 or get an F18. If we go with F16, new sails and a lot of winter prep are in store for the boat.

In any event, with the prospect of level racing in May, we'll be out practicing and trying to figure this cat thing out....just don't call us the F16 benchmark...if you want that, hire one of the Aussies!

PS....Cary...thanks for all the effort in getting the F18/F16 playing together in Columbia.

Last edited by JeffWoodard; 03/11/05 11:18 AM.

Jeff Woodard Atlanta, GA T 4.9 #216