Good idea Keith .
<br>
<br> I often sail with my sons , getting junior sailors involved in the sport is one of the best things we can do , especially at the local level. The I-20 is a perfect platform for this , its stable ,has a large tramp area , you can roll up the jib if the wind kicks up and maintain perfect controll , It will not pitchpole like some 18s and 16s.
<br> We also may see all female teams as we are beginning to see more in the Worrell 1000 , though with this rule 3-- 120LB average wt crew to 360 is ideal for this class.
<br> A 3rd trap wire would be added if wanted,they would have great fun .
<br>
<br>-Can you review the SAIL AREA TO WEIGHT FORMULA post .
<br> It is a basis for class rules that contain 3 basic catagories of total boat and crew weight and allowed sail area listed .
<br>
<br> Is this difficult to comprehend , I,ve read all these negative comments and terms applied , but this seems no more complex than chewing gum and walking to me .
<br>
<br> A number of people get on and post only in the negative , ---
<br> the classes are dieing ,-no one wants shutes ,-20s are too big ,-the sport is dead , bla bla bla .
<br>
<br>How do we stop the decline , and change the existing conditions that have lead to the decline-?
<br>
<br> Offer some positive thought and attempt to solve the problems of numerous scattered fleets and more each time a new boat comes along .
<br> Believe this sail area to weight formula racing is it -
<br>
<br> let us know -
<br> thanks
<br> Carl
<br> <br><br>

Attached Files
4525- (118 downloads)