Hi all,

been practicing for Lake Boga At home for a change. Perfect weekend reminds me of why I came to live on the Gippsland Lakes 2 days of blue skys tempature in mid 20's, with sea breeze picking up at lunchtime and building to 18 to 20kts. by the late afternoon, flat water, heaven on a stick for cat sailors. But there weren't any other cats racing. Had a interclub race with our closest club all Keelboats and Trailer Sailers, lapped them all including Etchells. Won on Yardstick for what it was worth, helping Club to win the event.

So I turned it into practice, trapezing downwind with spinnaker, had one foot on transom and main out to side of hull, got some amazing speed but after finishing the race managed to capsize on the way home. I still keep getting to a point where I overpower and drive bows under regardless of how far I pull off the wind. I think I might need a smaller flatter kite for one up sailing. Greg did comment that F18's are going to kites like mine last weekend , the one he was using was flatter than mine.

Regardless looking forward to Boga worked some speed out this weekend, can't wait to hit that flatwater.

Regards Gary.