I agree with this point of view. You cannot change the world by making rules or structures. That is not to say that you don't need any structure at all. Structures or rules should be helpful but cannot enforce our goals, you should do with a minimum of rules if possible I would say. The product itself should generate enthousiasm and the urge to compete with others. Some do that on their own club. I for instance can sail every week a race on my club (2 miles from my house) with about thirty or fourty cats as competitors. Other places on the planet have other circumstances and other practices. Indeed, we should strive for inclusiveness.
I for myself think that when people will discover that you are not obliged to race a heavy "truck" but that there are also possibilities to do it on lighter "state-ot-the-art" crafts (that can be sailed competitive with the older generation of heavy aircraft-carriers)will generate enthousiasm for our class.
I thank the people who had the vision to develop this idea into the F16 concept and design some fine boats. The ruling monopolists would never have done that.