Hey, what about my posts on southern CA events like CatFight, Area J Alter Cup, Milt Ingram, Newport to Ensenada, Afterburner, etc. etc.??

Am I chopped liver?
just kidding Mary! You & Rick run the best site for us Cats in the world!

Now, about that TORNADO Forum I think you should add... :-)

Mike.
Gary,
Hey, I think a separate forum is a fine idea if it will get more western sailors participating and letting us know what is going on out there.

I was just asking because I haven't seen many posts on the main forum by the westerners (except for you and Caleb Tarleton). Maybe there are more but they don't give their location, so we don't know it.

So, I was wondering whether it is because:
1. The sailors out there don't frequent this website and forum at all.
2. The western sailors think most of the sailors on our open forum are from the East and, therefore, don't feel as welcome.
3. OR, there is nothing going on out West.

It has always been difficult for me to get any reports from the West for Catamaran Sailor Magazine. The Arizona Multihull Fleet is the only one that sends me information. And sometimes Roger Jenkins will send me a story about a California event in which he participates. I am always extremely grateful for any news from the West and I always print it.

I used to try to get MHRA to send me information about their events and activities, but no luck.

If a separate forum will help to get information flowing across the Rockies, I am all for it. And if you and Caleb and the Marshacks and others out there could spread the word and get people to use that area-specific forum, that would be terrific!

Mike Dobbs
Tornado CAN 99 "Full Tilt"