Mike & Andrew-

I have sailed cats since the 1960s and have owned Tornados, Supercat 20s, and my ARC22. I have sailed the following Fboats: F31R, F24MK1, F28, F28R, and my F25c. Depending on the conditions an Fboat can sail comparably with many beach cats. My ARC22 is rated 57.8 and the F25c is 62.8 [or about that]. If the wind and waves are up these boats can plane out and maintain a VMG that most beachcats can not do. They are wide stable platforms and sail great. Being 56 last month; I truly appreciate the abilities that Ian Farrier has designed. As Torbjorn @ Marstrom said "Ian's boat in a box works very well". In protected waters [lakes,bays, etc] beach cats sre faster at the start by accelerating much quicker because of the weight difference. But when the beachcat is flying the Fboat is more stable and maintains its momentum. I have had nothing but good experiences sailing Fboats. They go together like a small beach cat in about an hour. It takes me about three-four hours to assemble my ARC22 singlehanded on the trailer.

Fboats are where all old catsailors belong...

fair winds,

thommerrill

F25c 009 Charisma

ARC22 #2234

FMS SC20 #57

Last edited by thom; 10/17/02 06:20 PM.