That's how I keep my cat and my TheMightyHobie18 is not a lightweight at 400 pounds. Everyone here on Bald Eagle lake in MN keeps their boats on these "racks", as we call them. We use 4 dock posts and dock corner hardware and green treated lumber. You have to get one end of your boat up on the rack (about 8" off the water) and then push to slide it on the rest of the way. I use those flexible nylon cutting boards over the front board under the hulls to reduce the friction. I just screwed them to the wood. I don't think anyone on the lake uses rollers but they would certainly make it a little easier.

I can get the boat on and off of this rack by myself. Two is definitely better though. Especially if it is windy or if you are really tired after a hard sail or an extended capsize drill... Water in the hulls obviously makes it even more challenging.

We use screw in anchors to hold the rack down and we use tie-downs to keep the boat on the rack. This is very necessary if you ever get a good wind!

Works great and you can't beat mast-up storage ON the lake!

Todd