Some last minute mistake necessitate us to pull the boat over right before we got out. I can't remember what went wrong. I forgot to put in the top batten or something. However, it was enough to catch the attention of the photographer, who then proceeded to make an excellent series of shots.

[Linked Image]

Here we have just left the beach, and Christa is quick with the daggerboard as setting that even a little bit is a major help.

[Linked Image]

Daggerboard set and we're powering up. Crew jumps forward to control the jib.

[Linked Image]

Here we encounter one of smaller obstacles between the beach and the sea. Did a little bit of hull flying (both !) on this little ramp. Crew is already sitting we she needs to be and is ready for everything. Boy, what a crew, made getting through the surf a piece of cake. I've just pushed down the luff daggerboard completely, right after jamming my luff rudder down. It is not locked just jammed in its stock. This works like a charm.

[Linked Image]

And here everything is dandy. Daggerboard down, rudder down, powered up sails, good speed and we're reaching for the open water thus clearing the surf. All took less than 10 seconds. WOW !

[Linked Image]

And a special thanks to me crew for the day : Christa !

Wouter

Attached Files
Last edited by Wouter; 08/27/05 04:27 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands