Scooby Simon,
Thanks for your very helpful response. A few questions for you:
1. Do you sometimes solo sail the spin from the trap? If so, it seems like the rear footstrap alone would not be enough to stabilize you while pulling in and out on the spin sheet and turning the boat to keep it from flipping. Enlighten me.
2. When you mention adding cleats, do you mean that you have replaced your nearest spin pulley with one that can cleat? Or did you place the cleats elsewhere, like on your trap harness or the side of boat?
3. Do you find that having spin cleats works well or do you have problems uncleating quickly or accidentally cleating?

Jake,
Thanks to you also, for your very informative response. Coupla questions for you too:
1. I am unfamiliar with the stopper balls you mention. Where does one buy these...West Marine? Do these somehow clamp onto the line and provide a stop, such as for the spin halyard?
2. I would love to rig my spin so it does not all come in at the same time. I think its a big reason for my snags, Howevery, I am confused by your description of the stopper ball placed between the 2 collection points. It may be because I use an end-pole system. Can you either elaborate on this setup, or attach a digital picture so I can see how this is done.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve