I appreciate that you can create a mechanism to help raise the mast but I think if you are of reasonable strength it is all unnecessary. I am 71 years old, average build, and raise my mast myself on an H-16 with a simple homemade tripod and an 8' length of line. The tripod is set a few feet behind the boat to hold the mast so the weight doesn't rest on the traveler track and so you can put the pin in. The line extends the length of the jib halyard. One end ties to the jib halyard and the other to the bridle. Make sure the shrouds and trap wires won't catch on the corner castings and raise the mast. Lean into it, reach down and tighten the jib halyard so it holds the mast up, then get down and fasten the forestay. Before you raise it make sure the jib sheets are uncleated (assuming you fasten the jib sheet shackle to the bridle adjuster as I do for trailering). Lowering the mast is just the reverse. Set the tripod up, tighten the jib halyard, make sure the pin is in, and loosen the forestay. Then get on the boat, lean into the mast, loosen the jib halyard and lower the masts into the tripod. It picks up a little speed on the way down but is not unmanageable.

Howard