It just so happens that I had been trailoring my H16 back adn forth between Montreal and South Hero, VT alot over the summer and always keep a few extra bungies on the tramp "just in case". Once the rig came down, it took less than 10 minutes to remove and roll the sails, remove the 4 trap lines and stretch/bungy them to the base of the mast, remove the side shrouds and also bungy them to the mast base and voila! All was "neatly" arranged on the tramp. I suppose this curious sense of "a job well done" would have been better placed if I was standing beside my boat on a trailor and not in the middle of the lake.
That being said, for those of you who dread such an occurance, it was rather easy doing the above and the 3 or 4 extra bungies that were available (stretched on central tramp lines, out of the way) came in very handy to pack everything away so nicely.
To round out the story, my rescue boat was a pleasant couple in an older Zodiac-type rig with an even older motor. Once hooked up and ready for tow, their motor wouldn't start!! (you know - let's help rescue this guy in trouble and wait, motor doesn't work!). Anyway, the motor wouldn't idle so once finally started (10 min later), I had the ride of my life back home at somewhere arouand 20 mph, struggling to keep the boat straight and the mast float out of the water.

All 'n all - a nice story over gin/tonic an hour later
Ron

----------------- H16 '82 Tornado '88