Patrick,

Thanks for the info. If my memory serves, you made a post on this last spring with some pictures. I copied your post and saved the pics.

I have made a glass mold of the inside surface of the Hobie 16 hull. From this, I will make another mold (duplicate male) so as to make more than one of the soloright devices (one for me and another for a friend).

A question for you; so that I am clear, does the paddle portion actually conform/mate perfectly with the inside (medial) section of the hull and not just the area under the lip of the hull? If so, how big is the paddle contact area (aprox.), and, do you then simply cut/fix your lines in order to maintain this perfectly mated contact between the two surfaces (paddle and hull)?

Also, your description of the pole portion being parallel to the mast indicates that while in the capsized position, the pole is also nearly parallel to the water. This being the case, doesn`t the pole actually submerge too early in the righting process and reduce your leverage? If not, how effective is this device? Is it truly a solo righting device?

Hope you or Gary will advise,

Dave

Last edited by Captain_Dave; 09/12/05 04:17 PM.