I live in Denver, Colo., land of sunshine and low humidity. So I was surprised the other day, when I checked my hulls, and found an inch of water setting in the bottom. There has been no rain or snow since I covered the whole boat with a brand new tarp, so where did the water come from. The boat has not been on the water since '97.

The word is condensation, and the only solution is ventilation!

So I pulled the hull port covers, and a few days later, the hulls are apparently dry again. No dumping, or setting the boat on end.

I don't know what the condensation issues are in other parts of the country, but I expect that if you have humidity and cold hull surfaces, you are getting condensation. Condensation leads to delamination, so you need to get it dried out. The foam holds a lot of water, and even when you dump the water, there is still plenty in there to do damage. When I first cut the ports, there was definitely the smell of humidity in the hulls,

I have even wondered about putting a small fan blowing air into the hull port. That way the hull would be good and dry come next Spring. TnT