John,

Sailcut 6 is not well suited for asymetric spis. You should try Sailcut CAD instead (the open source version). Just use the "jib" choice.
I talked with Robert Laine about Sailcut 6 and asymetrics, and he agreed that Sailcut CAD would do better as you will have problems specifying the shape you want in Sailcut 6. The design envelope and buildt-in controls are more suited for slower boats with less apparant wind in Sailcut 6. Sailcut CAD is not ideal either, the design envelope is a bit to tight, but it's better than Sailcut 6 (it's ecpecially tight in the leech area, for a spi. Hard to get the shape I want).

What file format did your sailmaker accept for cutting?

Could I ask how much twist you designed into your sail? Twist is (as you no doubt know) also a function of sheeting angle/tension, and I dont think you need to design much twist into a kite.

glue/stitching: I have made a few kites (not spis) without basting the seams with basting tape. I am much happier sewing when the panels are glued, as I can sew much faster. Unless your sewing machine is sunk into a large table or the floor, I think you will have lots of wrinkles and alignment issues. I would also recomend a 'walking foot' machine or a Pfaff with IDS if you dont want to use any kind of glue. Otherwise, you will find that the bottom panel is fed trough the sewing machine faster than the top panel. The same goes for luff tapes.
Basting/gluing takes time, and you need to be accurate as you say. But it goes faster after a while when you find your technique.

Please do keep us informed, I find this discussion very interesting (as I hope others do as well).

Rolf