Regarding mast up storage - OK, you're parking the boat head to wind and tying off the mast rotation; since the superwing mast is a foil, are you specifically tying off the mast rotator to "stall the mast"? Granted, the direction of the wind may change and there's no one position to do that but in many locations the predominant heavy wind direction is somewhat constant.

Another option might be to store the mast "mostly down" when the boat is to be parked on a beach for one to several days or more. In this case, ie, on a trailer, you might leave the mast base attached to the ball and lower the mast to somewhere between horizontal and say 15 degrees (using a cushion on the rear beam or rear mast support on the trailer; in addition I've seen short "clamp on" rear beam mast supports used for trailering). I would imaging this would dramatically reduce the "tipping moment" and you could raise the mast again very quickly when ready to use the boat. You'd still need to tie off the mast on the rear support and also tie down the boat. Anybody try this? Sounds like it might work and be faster than actually removing the whole mast.

I'm also curious how many of you store your platform indoors vs outdoors? And if indoors, anybody store inside disassembled? I'd like to know how long it takes to disassemble an F16 for the winter (and re-asessmle in spring). Taking the mast down and beams off (once the tramp was off) would be fairly fast. I would think the time consuming part would be taking the tramp on and off. However, some tramps install faster than others - I think the 3 piece tramps may be the slowest? So on the new modern F16's like the Blade, how fast can you take it apart and put it back together? Or would that be just not adviseable or not worth the trouble? One benefit is that you'd be forced to inspect everything during the process and it would be easy to replace worn items at that time. In my case it's either store it outside (mast down) or store it inside (disassembled) since I have no where to put it inside assembled ...

Jerry