Hmmm.... I use the "can't miss- style" handle. They are very popular among sailors. Most actively sailed boats in my area use this style.
I also use a spreader bar - but not the stuff that Murrey sells. I use one that is designed for windsurfing. Most of those do not have pointy hooks - less of a risk to cause damage to gel coat and tramp.
I have used the keyhole style system - It is nice and works well. I do not own it because it is expensive.
I have not used the quick release system - It looks like a nice system for lots of $$$'s. In the future this might be a requirement if you sail in a competitive way. Research the Hobie class rules - IIRC there is something about the need for a quick release between harness and wire.
Harness... check those out http://www.justsail.com/magic_marine_harnesses.htm If I would decide to get a new harness I would get the "smart harness"
Safety... In a capsize situation you will be able to unhook. I would be more concerned about pitch poling situations where you might get tightly wrapped around a shroud or the other trap wire. The bad news is that the quick release might not fix that problem depending where or what is tangled up.

Patrick

Patrick, Hobie 16 '85