I agree with Phil on this one, option 7 first, just set the minimum craft weight. the reality of the f18 set up is that everyone tries to get to the position where they carry the large jib and no corrector weights, at last years uk f18 champs I and a lot of other people were glugging down vast quantities of water just before the weigh in, and i didnt see anyone using a small jib. this makes the rule a bit pointless, complicated and potentially expensive for people who have different crews. the reality of sailboat racing is that pretty much what ever you do the big guys go better in heavy airs and small people win in the light stuff, uit usually evens out. keep it simple. Also we want to make lightweight boats what is the point of putting lead on them. As someone else pointed out the rig can be optimised for high or low power and this will probably even out the weight difference more than adding lead and altering sail size.
<br>
<br>2nd choice is 6 and third choice is 3 if weight bands are introduced keep it to 2.<br><br>

John Pierce

[email]stealthmarine@btinternet.com
/email]