All these footstraps look a lot like just that, footstraps. I tought the idea was to use them as toestraps, just as on windsurfers. I for sure would not want to do a pitchpole with my foot/ankle firmly in one of those. Isn't this how Glenn Ashby broke his ankle some weeks ago?

In lieu of footstraps, what are people's opinions of Tornado_Alive's chicken line set up? Line hooks to the trapeze buckle from the rear beam...maybe you cannot get back far enough??? Thoughts?

http://www.catsailor.com/bb_files/68415-Chicken%20Line.JPG

No holes in the boat and the bunge takes the slack out of the line when not in use.....

I trialled (sp???) a version a few months back. The concept worked great but I need to spend some time to develop a system that retracts properly on my boat. I have seen bundy drive thru some massive nose dives on both his T and F18 only for the bows to pop up and explode forward.

I spoke to GA about it late last year and he says it's the only thing stopping him flying forward but did say that he has come back with bruised hips on occasion.

Tiger Mike