How about drilling no holes in the hull? The Tiger uses the same area that the bridle wire goes. It seems to be a very strong area as it is really designed to take a lot of load.

Line - Think about using Vectron instead of Amsteel. I think that Amsteel is Spectra. It is a really good choice after it is stretched but the Vectron will stretch way less. I use Vectron for that application and like it.

Later,
Dan

The problem with doing that on the 6.0NA is that the pole is already SOOO low because of the bow foil that if you run the wires all the way back to the bridle tangs that they're at a rediculous angle. They really must go to the bow on the 6.0NA.

I never had my kite out in extreme conditions - but my bow foil was at standard height and my pole was unsupported except by the end pole bridle wires and being lashed to the bow foil...although it had a rather large cross section. However, most of the 6.0NE (New England) guys that converted their boats to spinnakers DID extend their bridle foil wires several inches and ran diamond wire trusses on their spinnaker poles to give them additional support.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
69773-DSC01552.JPG (36 downloads)

Jake Kohl