Hi Jake, I apologize for using your name in my previous reply... I meant to address it to Dave (the Prindle 19 sailor). There was talk about the people slamming forward with the preventer causing injury and that just does not happen. I tried the prussion reef knot (climber's knot) and it works well. It is much easier than trying to clip into one of a series of loops tied into the line along the hull which is another way I tried. I agree with you to clip it into the dogbone which works better than tying the line to the harness and having the clip at the other end - it makes for fewer lines but it likes to snag things when you tack and move around off the preventer. Again, sorry for getting the wrong name and creating confusion.

Mike Fahle

P.S. to Dave - Push ANY boat hard on a breezy reach, especialyy with spinnaker and waves, and it will pitchpole. I came within a whisker of pitchpoling an F-31 in the Port Huron to Macinack race one year. All four of us needed to change our shorts after that one! Even Playstation nearly pitchpoled which is why Steve turned around and had 25 feet added to the boat with 20 feet in the bows (that are 13' high)!